Thursday, January 24, 2013

Late Because I Was Sick


I know this is late, but that is because I was sick and didn't have my book with me so I couldn't do the assignment.  Anyway, Jared Diamond was on track with his theory of “Geographic Luck.”  There is evidence in our text book to prove it.  The book says that clay for pottery was not available everywhere and that families had to negotiate who would get it and what they would trade for it.  They also needed help from other families to build buildings and houses.  Another thing is that some families only had girl children, so those families would need guys from other families to marry the daughters so they could keep the community alive.  It’s pretty obvious that some people just got lucky and have what everybody else needs.



1 comment:

  1. First of all, you wrote around 100 words when I was looking for a few hundred (300). Plus, you did not mention domesticated plants and animals, which is at the heart of Diamond's theory of geographic luck. So, you didn't exactly ace this assignment. I'm sure you will do better next time!

    38/50

    ReplyDelete